Old April 8th 04, 01:57 AM
davehs67

Albert P. Belle Isle wrote in message . ..

Hi, Dave.

I don't use an SE-3 with my 340s.

Other than avoiding the occasional need to diddle the IF gain and/or
programmable AGC in order to deal with SAM-unlock/relock on rapidly
deep-fading strong signals, do you find much benefit from substituting
the SE-3's SAM?

Good listening,
Al

Hi Al-

My bad, I thought that was how you had your 340 setup (w/the SE-3).
About your question, I prefer the sound of the SE-3 (warmer?), plus I
like the way you can set & forget the sync and it will hold it's lock
no-matter-what. I actually run the audio (after the SE-3) through a
couple of optical compressors & then into a tube eq which helps take
some of the bite out of the static.

cheers
Dave