Old April 7th 04, 01:22 PM
davehs67

Default Question for Albert P.

Hi Al-

I was wondering what you used to connect your RX-340 & SE-3 with?
What I'm inquiring here is do you use any type of special BNC cable
(Audioquest, Monster, Rat Shack, etc...). Also, do you by chance know
what the impedance rating is of the SE-3 IF input? I believe the
RX340's IF output is 50 ohms, but not 100% sure. Just trying to tweak
the audio a bit through proper cable matching.

Thanks
Dave
Old April 8th 04, 01:57 AM
davehs67

Albert P. Belle Isle wrote in message . ..

Hi, Dave.

I don't use an SE-3 with my 340s.

Other than avoiding the occasional need to diddle the IF gain and/or
programmable AGC in order to deal with SAM-unlock/relock on rapidly
deep-fading strong signals, do you find much benefit from substituting
the SE-3's SAM?

Good listening,
Al

Hi Al-

My bad, I thought that was how you had your 340 setup (w/the SE-3).
About your question, I prefer the sound of the SE-3 (warmer?), plus I
like the way you can set & forget the sync and it will hold it's lock
no-matter-what. I actually run the audio (after the SE-3) through a
couple of optical compressors & then into a tube eq which helps take
some of the bite out of the static.

cheers
Dave

Interesting question JAMES HAMPTON CB 3 December 7th 04 09:34 AM
Seperation question???? thanks [email protected] Antenna 0 October 7th 03 07:57 PM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM
Question regarding police tactics and scanners noobie Scanner 0 July 29th 03 12:48 AM