Old April 8th 04, 04:52 AM
Paul_Morphy

"Maximus" wrote in message
k.net...

I put up some more wire - around the window, wound around pushpins . I

also
got a wire out under the screen and connected it to a clothes hanger stuck
in the ground. It made a great difference. However, when mom turns on the

tv
it wipes out everything sigh. I did snag R. New Zealand this afternoon
though on 15.720 .

Aaargh. You need to interest your mother in SWLing! As much as it has
declined it's still better than most of the crap on the tube. That doesn't
solve your immediate problems, though. Can you move the antenna to a room
farther from the TV? For SWLing purposes you could probably use shielded
audio cable. That might help a little. Are you getting a hash noise or
tweet-tweet birdies? Maybe she needs a new set.

"PM"