Old April 8th 04, 05:22 AM
Maximus

YUP. Nice plastic insulated hookup wire s. The noise is a hash noise.
The cable company has interrupted the signal 3 times for over anhour this
week messing around. I wish they would fix their booboos and get on with it.
I always wake early. I should just get up and listen LOL.

"Tony Meloche" wrote in message

Paul_Morphy wrote:

"Maximus" wrote in message
k.net...

I put up some more wire - around the window, wound around pushpins . I

also
got a wire out under the screen and connected it to a clothes hanger
stuck
in the ground. It made a great difference. However, when mom turns on
the

tv
it wipes out everything sigh. I did snag R. New Zealand this
afternoon
though on 15.720 .

Maximus, this is a long shot, and please don't file it under
"Duhhh!", but the wire you ran out to ground "under ther screen" - that
is an insulated piece of wire, isn't it? Even just plastic coated?
Because if it's a bare copper wire, you have found your problem. Just
trying to cover any possible base here.

Tony