Old April 8th 04, 05:43 AM
Paul_Morphy

"Maximus" wrote in message
k.net...
YUP. Nice plastic insulated hookup wire s. The noise is a hash noise.
The cable company has interrupted the signal 3 times for over anhour this
week messing around. I wish they would fix their booboos and get on with

it.
I always wake early. I should just get up and listen LOL.

I don't understand why, if the cable is the problem, you don't have the
interference until the TV is turned on. I guess you're in the US. If so,
Radio Shack sells two-piece ferrite cores with a strip of plastic around
them that opens. They're called Snap-On RF Chokes, 273-104, two per package.
You could try wrapping both the cable and the TV power cord around these,
placing them as close to the TV as possible. That might cut down any hash
generated by the TV that is being radiated by those conductors. I've had
good success knocking down radiation from my computer using them. The
cylindrical snap-ons weren't very effective.

"PM"