Old April 9th 04, 05:01 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message
Is there a twelve step program?

The Twelve Steps of SWLA

1) We admitted we were powerless over our addiction to SWL'ing, and that our
lives had become endless hours of static and heterodyne.
2) Came to believe that the Passport to World Band Radio could restore us to
sanity.
3) Made the decision to turn our lives over to the will of Brother Stair, if
we could receive him.
4) Made a searching and fearless inventory of our radios and antenna
systems.
5) Admitted to our spouses, to ourselves and to the ARRL the exact nature of
our addiction to SWL'ing.
6) Were entirely ready to have DeOxIt remove all the noise from our
controls.
7) Humbly asked our tech to remove all our shorted caps.
8) Made a list of all persons we have ignored while listening to Arnie Coro,
and became willing to timeshift.
9) Made direct amend to those people where possible, except Uncle Ned, who's
always been a fruitcake, and we never liked him anyway.
10) Continued to take inventory of spare tubes, NiMH batteries, and backup
power sources.
11) Sought through the construction of Beverage antennas to improve our
reception of the tropical bands.
12) Having had an enlightening experience because of these steps, tried to
pass on this message to SWL's all over the world, and to practice these
steps religiously.

"One station at a time"