Old April 7th 04, 09:49 PM
Herman Kerry

Default ICOM R9000 support group

While there check out the R9000 pics and links.

Old April 8th 04, 01:03 AM
GrtPmpkin32

While there check out the R9000 pics and links.

Owners? What are there, like, an even dozen members? :-)
Seriously though, nice pics. I've always been curious about what it would be
like to use one of those receivers with a phased l-l-o-o-o-n-n-g-g beverage
system and decent conditions. Must be a nice receiver for those who could
afford one.
For the street price, it could have had synch. but with that much radio, who's
griping?
Linus

Old April 8th 04, 06:12 PM
GrtPmpkin32

I gotta PAIR....Dont everyone?

Ah, DIVERSITY reception with two big-gun receivers... the logs, man, where are
the logs?!?!?!? :-)
Linus
Old April 8th 04, 07:45 PM
Larry Weil

In article ,
"Herman Kerry" wrote:

While there check out the R9000 pics and links.

Support group? Usually those are for people with diseases or alternate
lifestyles!

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH

Old April 8th 04, 09:15 PM
Mark S. Holden

Larry Weil wrote:
snip

Support group? Usually those are for people with diseases or alternate
lifestyles!

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH

Odds are people who buy the R9000 fit into at least one of those categories - addicted to radio, and spending an inordinate amount of time listening to it.
Old April 9th 04, 04:45 AM
Frank Dresser

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
Larry Weil wrote:
snip

Support group? Usually those are for people with diseases or alternate
lifestyles!

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH

Odds are people who buy the R9000 fit into at least one of those

categories - addicted to radio, and spending an inordinate amount of time
listening to it.

Is there a twelve step program?

Frank Dresser

Old April 9th 04, 05:01 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message
Is there a twelve step program?

The Twelve Steps of SWLA

1) We admitted we were powerless over our addiction to SWL'ing, and that our
lives had become endless hours of static and heterodyne.
2) Came to believe that the Passport to World Band Radio could restore us to
sanity.
3) Made the decision to turn our lives over to the will of Brother Stair, if
we could receive him.
4) Made a searching and fearless inventory of our radios and antenna
systems.
5) Admitted to our spouses, to ourselves and to the ARRL the exact nature of
our addiction to SWL'ing.
6) Were entirely ready to have DeOxIt remove all the noise from our
controls.
7) Humbly asked our tech to remove all our shorted caps.
8) Made a list of all persons we have ignored while listening to Arnie Coro,
and became willing to timeshift.
9) Made direct amend to those people where possible, except Uncle Ned, who's
always been a fruitcake, and we never liked him anyway.
10) Continued to take inventory of spare tubes, NiMH batteries, and backup
power sources.
11) Sought through the construction of Beverage antennas to improve our
reception of the tropical bands.
12) Having had an enlightening experience because of these steps, tried to
pass on this message to SWL's all over the world, and to practice these
steps religiously.

"One station at a time"