Old August 16th 04, 06:20 AM
Tim Perry

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
MikeWhy wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Seems that shelly animals today actually have micro growth rings that
happen on a daily basis. Some fossils have what *appear* to be such a
thing, but he is being cautious before suggesting such.

He should be cautious. Internal structures of fossils would seem to be

quite
the contradiction. At least from my simplistic understanding of what

fossils
are, and how they came to be.

Indeed. There are only certain fossils that are applicable to this
scrutiny. Those are ones that have fossilized in extremely fine
sediment, where the individual particles are small enough to preserve
the detail after replacement, and the rare fossils in which the nacre
itself has managed to survive all this time.

- Mike KB3EIA -

got me wondering now about an early form of organic computer found in France
called the Tri La byte