Old May 3rd 04, 08:17 PM
MnMikew

"Jackie" wrote in message
news:Gphkc.738$kh4.59208@attbi_s52...

Me either, and I've been a whole bunch of places. Where's your cabin? My
sister had a place in Balsam Lake, about an hour and a half drive from me.
Too bad she had to sell it when she moved to AZ.

I could probably live in northern California, but the median price of

homes
out there is prohibitively expensive, plus I prefer to live in a place
that's been tectonically dead for most of the past billion or so years.

Love
Flagstaff too, but it's very difficult to find homes for sale there now.

I love NW Wisconsin and spend a lot of time there in the summer and fall.
Especially the Apostle Islands. I go up there every year in the early
autumn, and usually camp somewhere on the way up, like in Siren or the Lac
Court Oreilles area. Now THAT is some beautiful scenery... Superior's

south
shore... old lighthouses... Bayfield, one of the nicest Victorian-era

towns
in the whole state... and cheese, oh yes, cheese from the Crex Meadows
dairies. Gotta love it.

Jackie

My place is about 10 miles SE of Siren near Shell Lake.