Old May 5th 04, 05:18 PM
Grumpus

Ron Hardin wrote in message ...
The DT200V is a great machine for the size, but nighttime reception
isn't much of a test. A mere 50 watts makes it fine from coast to
coast at night. The trouble is the other stations doing it at the
same time on the same frequency.

In other words, it's not a matter of signal strength but who's faded
in and who's faded out at a particular instant. If enough are faded out
then you can hear the guy who's faded in, on almost any radio.

Selectivity helps, so at least the adjacent channels don't figure in
as well.

It's in the daytime that the sensitivity of the DT200V (for its size)
shows up.

Words of wisdom Ron, and I mean that. Two factors moved me to post
this result. First, I believe it was the first time I ever picked up
Moncton, and second, it is just the idea that you can be half asleep
in bed and hear things from all around the eastern half of the country
with a unit that is so small.

Regards,

Grumpus