Old August 24th 04, 08:09 AM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:56:29 +0300, Paul Keinanen
wrote:

Compare this to the nominal 73 ohm radiation resistances for a half
wave dipole and more than half of the transmitter power would be
dissipated in the losses.

Hi Paul,

And still, no one would notice. In fact, I gave the loss 100 Xs
copper, lowered the frequency to 1MHz and saw roughly 6dB loss - the
"standard" S-Unit, against which propagation variations would toss
that around to wider variation. I suppose it wouldn't do for EME, but
I don't know any work at 1MHz for EME.

Still, and all, this determination is easily within the scope of the
free distribution of EZNEC which allows any user to make an informed
decision about a choice being OK.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC