Old August 24th 04, 12:59 PM
rc

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 17:38:42 GMT, Ron wrote:

Other than locating an antenna as high as posible and in open space, are there
"sweet spots" that behave like funnels for radio waves? By moving a portable
receiver around to find the strongest signal, I have noticed that certain
locations (I'm talking feet and yards, not miles) produce much more signal
strength than others. Of course, I also end up moving the antenna angle too
which may be responsible for this behavior. Just wondering if this effect is
worth considering when installing an antenna. Or am I just finding the
strongest lobe of the antenna pattern?

Ron, W4TQT

There absolutely are "sweet spots", but how do you find them?

I think the most fun working with antennas is the unknown. After all
the formulas and calculations, the tuning, the trimming and tweaking,
etc., the element of chance enters the picture, where you put the damn
thing :-)

It's like flipping a coin, I guess.

Ron, W1WBV