Old May 8th 04, 02:40 PM
David

Audio is 4.5 mHz above Video Carrier. The other 1.25 mHz below Video
Carrier is a vestigial sideband.

On Sat, 08 May 2004 11:00:58 GMT, "Arthur Harris"
wrote:

"Nyimbo" wrote:
I see that the specs for some radios include TV frequencies but always
for channel 2-13 VHF.

Where are the UHF frequencies located and why are they not available
except on a TV set?

I don't even need it now but there was a time a couple years back when
CNN was starting to be broadcast live 24 hours on a local UHF station,
I think it was channel 35. I wanted to be able to receive it on a
radio in my office but at that time none of the radios I looked at
that had TV had TV UHF.

Nyimbo
Limuru, Kenya

Scanner radios will cover some of the UHF channels.

In the US, all TV channels are 6 MHz wide. Channel 14 is 470-476 MHz.
Channel 15 is 476-482 MHz, etc. The audio carrier is 5.75 MHz up from the
bottom of the channel (e.g., for ch 14, audio would be at 475.75 MHz).

See:
http://www.chem.hawaii.edu/uham/catvfreq.html

The frequency assignments and broadcast standards in Kenya are probably very
different.

Art, N2AH