Old May 10th 04, 03:42 AM
Phil Wheeler

Re Istanbul: Thanks for that. I will be in that part of the world in a
few days and wondered what I would be able to hear in the evenings and
at night.

Phil

oan wrote:
I don't know about longwave, but when I was in Paris a few years ago,
you could pick up the World Service on 648 MW. The signal was ok, not
exactly booming in, but you could listen to the news....

Of course both LW and MW are highly subsceptible to local interference
(electrical appliances, computers, etc) so your mileage may vary....

I live in Istanbul and i can listen to BBC world service very clear on
1323 kHz at evenings and nihgts