Old May 15th 04, 04:30 AM
WShoots1

Tony: If you've been using the Grundig FR200, has it met your expectations?

The FR200 has strong images on SW, which surprised me. I have cheaper radios
that don't. The good news is that the image may be in the clear whereas the
fundamental signal may not be. G

There's a little backlash in the tuning, but the fine tuning feature sort of
makes up for it. One can surf the band easily with course tune and then peak on
a desired signal.

It's worth having, though.

I also have a $20 Sonnet R-3582. I works okay, but it's generator-rechargeable
battery system is something else. One minute of cranking only gives three
minutes of operation. LOL The clue is that the rechargeables are AA's, whereas
the alkalines are D's. G (I have no idea why D's are needed.) I suppose
higher capacity AA's would help some, maybe. The generator current output may
not be enough to provide more operating time per cranking time.

Bill, K5BY