Old May 15th 04, 11:03 AM
RHF

DX Luver,

Read "Sangean ATS-909 RadioLabs RCA Antenna Modification
- How It Works
- Why It Works

..

REMEMBER: "The Shortwave Antenna is 55.5% of the . . .
Radio/Receiver and Antenna/Ground Reception Equation"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...na/message/288
A Shortwave Antenna is "Equally" Important for Good Reception [.]
..
..
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night...
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond - The Beyond !
..
..
iane ~ RHF
..
..
= = = (GO BEARCATS) wrote in message
= = = ...
Last thread I'll 'start' on this subject, after reading that link
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze20h45/r...ch.html#extant

It finally hit me, it's a 'stereo headphone' jack. I just happened to have one
of them.....actually more than one. Do I do it 'right'.....I mean it's working
fine right now with that adapter.

The only 'difference' it'd make (and I don't think it'd make that much of a
difference, because can hear BCB on it now) is that it 'eliminates' the MW part
of the spectrum. But I hear it anyhow, and if I do serious BCB dxing, it
wouldn't be hooked to a long wire anyhow, I'd be using (more than likely) the
30x30 Diamond Loop and table.

Ahhhh, what to do...lol...I can't believe it never hit me that it was a
HEADPHONE jack for an external antenna, I never heard of that before.sigh

~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/*SUPER*398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+Howell
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
500ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Long-Wire
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*
*21/2X2ft.FiveSpoked~Penta-Loop~PancakeLoop*

..