Old August 28th 04, 04:34 PM
p.paulfriedman

Doug:

Kinda depends. grin

It depends on the frequency (higher the freq, greater the loss per foot)
It depends on the SWR (higher the SWR, the greater the loss per foot)
It depends on which type of RG-8 you mean.

I suggest using http://www.ocarc.ca/coax.htm (or similar) to calculate the
loss for your run and decide on the cost/loss/ease of installation
trade-offs for yourself.

I know people who use hardline for 80m - they are SERIOUS about putting out
maximum power. They are quite happy with it. I know people who use RG-8X for
6m. They are SERIOUS about keeping costs down and making installation easy.
they are also happy with their choice.

Paul AB0SI

"Doug Birky" wrote in message
My feedline will be abou 200'. Can I run RG-8 this far?

73
Doug/KC8YEC