Old May 17th 04, 01:48 AM
Michael Bryant

From: "T. Early"

Definitively is a big word and the -particulars- of what we know
occurred at Abu Ghraib have not been tied to Rumsfeld. It's a good
piece because Hersh is one of the best at mining people who have axes
to grind as his unnamed sources. Unfortunately, he writes lead
paragraphs like the one in the New Yorker story that are designed for
maximum (overly broad) impact and aren't really supported by what
follows.

Wasn't Hersch the journalist that first reported the My Lai massacre in
Vietnam?
Didn't the investigation by the military end up confirming his reporting?

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A