Old May 18th 04, 07:58 AM
byrnefm

Default Sangean ATS-909 shortwave mode

Hi,

last week I received the wideband FM edition of the Sangean ATS-909 I
bought from thiecom.de and gave it a test run over the weekend. Its
shortwave range covers that of CB radio which leads me to the
following question:

- is there a way of switching the SW mode to FM instead of AM/USB/LSB?
EU CB channels broadcast (usually) in FM mode, not AM. This makes
tuning in such stations tricky at best (they are tuneable - but with
some distortion).

Also, a more minor question - is it just me or is the 909's audio
quality just so-so on FM? Voice and music with more treble than bass
sound fine but with music with a lot of bass, the bass sounds a little
distorted to me. (Mind you, I am comparing it with a radio with a
larger speaker)

Thanks in advance!
...Francis