Old May 20th 04, 10:56 AM
byrnefm

Larry Weil wrote in message ...

- is there a way of switching the SW mode to FM instead of AM/USB/LSB?
EU CB channels broadcast (usually) in FM mode, not AM. This makes
tuning in such stations tricky at best (they are tuneable - but with
some distortion).

This would not work even if it did. (Talk about a Yogi Berra'ism) The
FM used for communications purposes is narrow-band, that used for FM
broadcast is wide-band. Since the FM circuitry in this radio is for
wide-band you'de wind up receiving the entire CB band all at once.

I didn't phrase myself properly (though I like your Yogi Berra'ism
). I meant if there was a method of switching to narrow FM on
shortwave. However, I'm guessing by your reply that this isn't
possible either. Oh well!

Cheers,
...Francis