Old May 23rd 04, 06:33 PM
Stinger

"Gray Shockley" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 May 2004 20:02:26 -0500, Michael wrote
(in article ) :

No question about the dial... I wish the SR-III was digital. IMO, that

is
the major draw back of the SR-III. Instead of the CCrane antenna, I may
decide to buy the CC Radio Plus instead.

I'm pretty much in a Faraday cage and my only "window" to the
radio world is a 4'x8' window to the South which doesn't open.

I have a CCradio+ a couple feet from me and the CCrane AM Antenna
up in the window (where the top and bottom come together and form
a little ledge).

The CCrane AM Antenna increases = EXTREMELY = the quantity and
quality of stations, both daytime and nighttime.

One of my friends has a CCradio and the AM Antenna in a wood
frame house and the AM Antenna barely helps with his CCradio but
has = DRASTIC = improvements when used with other AM radios he
has.

Having a digital radio will
probably be more of a boost to my medium wave DXing then getting another
feritte bar for my SR-III that already has a nice big one in it.

That would be what I'd do. I don't begrudge the money I spent on
the CCradioPlus at all; it was a nice addition and in my peculiar
case, the CCrane antenna is a big help but I might could build a
shelf up in the window and stand on a ladder to tune it and have
the same reception with just the CCradio (grin).

Gray Shockley
----------------
DX-392 DX-398
RX-320 DX-399
CCradioPlus
Justice AM Antenna
Torus Tuner (3-13 MHz)
Select-A-Tenna
Vicksburg, MS US

I agree. The only weak point I have seen with mine is that it does not
"null" signals as well as a premium loop antenna.

-- Stinger