Old May 31st 04, 12:01 AM
kierkecaat

On Sun, 30 May 2004 20:14:39 GMT, helmsman
wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2004 18:29:18 GMT, (King Pineapple©) wrote:

Ashcroft's got a new job. Scare people into voting for Bush.

FRIDAY MAY 28 2004

Panicked over plummeting poll numbers for President Bush, the White
House has come up with a new strategy for winning re-election.

PLONK!

Fifth Columnist Propaganda:
Clandestine group or faction of subversive agents who
attempt to undermine a nation's solidarity by any means at their disposal.

Do you mean to suggest that pineapple boy is a fifth columnist, i.e.
he is guilty of propogating a point of view with treasonous ends?

If I read you right, self-righteous you deserves the plonk. If so,
you are just part of a disturbing wave that is appearing now that so
many things have gone wrong with the neocons' agenda: blame all the
problems on the liberal press and the liberals, in general. Of
course, all their problems have nothing to do with Rumsfeld and Cheney
overriding and disregarding a well educated and well trained
professional military and Departent of State BEFORE this
ill-conceived, deceitfully justified, and ill-executed invasion.

Regarding this Ashcroft business, Tom Ridge REFUSED to issue this
warning from his department. Ashcroft overrode Ridge and jumped in
with all this twice reheated bull****. Of course it's political. I
have parted company with pineapple boy in the past, but here I am
inclined to join him in his suspicions and concerns.

helmsman, if you are of the school that maintains that the airing of
dissenting views threatens our unity, then I would reply that your
idea of unity exacts too high a price; it echoes Hitler's idea of
unity: lock up or kill everyone else. By the way, have you ever
bothered to read the Patriot Act in the original German? Be afraid; be
very afraid.

Cheers, KC