Old May 30th 04, 06:59 PM
JJ

Default Be Afraid..... Be Very Afraid

King Pineapple© wrote:

According to Ashcroft, seven members of al-Qaida are at loose
somewhere inside the country.

They intend to "hit the United States hard."

Their plans are 70 to 90 percent complete.

Their targets are this summer's big events:

Georgia's G-8 summit next month;

Boston's Democratic Convention in July;

and New York's Republican Convention in August.

Are you scared yet?

Don't be.

Remember?

We've seen this act before.

Ashcroft pulled the same stunt last July 4, last Christmas and just
before the Super Bowl.

On different occasions, he's warned of imminent attacks against banks,
shopping malls, international airlines and nuclear power plants.

And nothing happened.

That's great

Ashcroft, in fact, cried "Wolf" so often, on so little evidence, that
people stopped taking him seriously.

And nobody should take him seriously this time either.

So with terriorist just when do you not cry wolf? When do you know not
to take ie seriously? The terriorist only have to be right one time, we
have to be right 100% of the time. Listen to them scream when nobody
take it seriously and something like another 9/11 or worse happens.
Reports such as this are just more liberal blather.

Old May 30th 04, 11:06 PM

On Sun, 30 May 2004 11:59:07 -0600, JJ
wrote:

So with terriorist just when do you not cry wolf? When do you know not
to take ie seriously? The terriorist only have to be right one time, we
have to be right 100% of the time. Listen to them scream when nobody
take it seriously and something like another 9/11 or worse happens.
Reports such as this are just more liberal blather.

Why is the word 'liberal' so often used as term of abuse by US
right-wingers? In Britain both left & right use the term 'liberal' as
a compliment, meaning inclusive, open to ideas etc.
Old May 31st 04, 12:01 AM
kierkecaat

On Sun, 30 May 2004 20:14:39 GMT, helmsman
wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2004 18:29:18 GMT, (King Pineapple©) wrote:

Ashcroft's got a new job. Scare people into voting for Bush.

FRIDAY MAY 28 2004

Panicked over plummeting poll numbers for President Bush, the White
House has come up with a new strategy for winning re-election.

PLONK!

Fifth Columnist Propaganda:
Clandestine group or faction of subversive agents who
attempt to undermine a nation's solidarity by any means at their disposal.

Do you mean to suggest that pineapple boy is a fifth columnist, i.e.
he is guilty of propogating a point of view with treasonous ends?

If I read you right, self-righteous you deserves the plonk. If so,
you are just part of a disturbing wave that is appearing now that so
many things have gone wrong with the neocons' agenda: blame all the
problems on the liberal press and the liberals, in general. Of
course, all their problems have nothing to do with Rumsfeld and Cheney
overriding and disregarding a well educated and well trained
professional military and Departent of State BEFORE this
ill-conceived, deceitfully justified, and ill-executed invasion.

Regarding this Ashcroft business, Tom Ridge REFUSED to issue this
warning from his department. Ashcroft overrode Ridge and jumped in
with all this twice reheated bull****. Of course it's political. I
have parted company with pineapple boy in the past, but here I am
inclined to join him in his suspicions and concerns.

helmsman, if you are of the school that maintains that the airing of
dissenting views threatens our unity, then I would reply that your
idea of unity exacts too high a price; it echoes Hitler's idea of
unity: lock up or kill everyone else. By the way, have you ever
bothered to read the Patriot Act in the original German? Be afraid; be
very afraid.

Cheers, KC
Old May 31st 04, 12:37 PM
Diverd4777

In article , helmsman
writes:

PLONK!

Fifth Columnist Propaganda:
Clandestine group or faction of subversive agents who
attempt to undermine a nation's solidarity by any means at their disposal.

- You mean The Republicans ??

Old May 31st 04, 12:48 PM
dxAce

Diverd4777 wrote:

In article , helmsman
writes:

PLONK!

Fifth Columnist Propaganda:
Clandestine group or faction of subversive agents who
attempt to undermine a nation's solidarity by any means at their disposal.

- You mean The Republicans ??

I think it's quite clear that he meant the Democrat's.

You and Mikey need to both enroll in a crash course in reading comprehension.

Old May 31st 04, 01:40 PM
dxAce

Diverd4777 wrote:

In article , helmsman
writes:

PLONK!

Fifth Columnist Propaganda:
Clandestine group or faction of subversive agents who
attempt to undermine a nation's solidarity by any means at their disposal.

- You mean The Republicans ??

Your problems are most likely caused by oxygen deprivation from your numerous
dives, whilst Mikey's are caused by clogged arteries from over abuse of
Cheeto's.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B