Old June 7th 04, 02:09 PM
applecores

"Mike Terry" wrote in message

BPL Industry Official Disputes NTIA Report in Congressional Hearing

Excerpt:
"Responding to a question from New Hampshire Republican Charles Bass,
Birnbaum said the BPL industry would be pleased if Congress could provide
tax or financial incentives, especially for improving the power grid. He
said utilities have not explored the broadband market in the past because
some companies had bad experiences and the technology was not feasible

five
years ago.

To put another way...Coingressman Bass really was saying: "Gee! I know this
will not be a problem but it's a great cover to get a couple $Mil in
kickbacks
to do useless technical studies that nobody will ever read, and forward
a Govt financial grant to my brother-in-law who just started a private
company
last week to investigate this very thingie....$$$ cha-ching! $$$ "

Birnbaum suggested, too, that while utilities are slow to act, they will
begin to deploy BPL systems over the next year or two. The biggest issue,

he
said, is the incentive for utilities to invest in broadband technology."

I'll be happy when BPL finally comes along and every
tinfoil-hat'ted kook who said this was the end of the
world sees that nothing is wrong with their SW.

In other news:

JUN 05: After years of drooling on himself and complaining
that pancakes attack him at night, ex-President Ronald Reagan
succumbs to the ravages of dottering stupidity. A grateful nation
orders Biggie Fries and moves on............

http://www.citizented.com/atdp2004.html

Death borders upon our birth, and our cradle
stands in the grave. Our birth is nothing but
our death begun.
--Bishop Hall