Old June 9th 04, 01:31 AM
Tom Morse

"Joel Rubin" wrote in message

Well, anyway, I'd like to know if the telegraphic reproduction of the
San Francisco Giants game over WAAT in Hackensack, NJ, during the 1958
season, was the last such broadcast, and, since I was about 7 years
old, then, I should like to know the details.

During the 1962 season Russ Hodges (and perhaps Lon Simmons) did recreations
of parts of the Dodgers final games that had a bearing on the pennant race
that eventually ended up in a Giants/Dodgers tie. I don't know if the
information came from the wire or an off-air monitor.

Tom

---