Old June 8th 04, 07:10 AM
GO BEARCATS

Come to think of it, those sounders communicated not with a dah-dit,
but with a clacka-clacka.

*THAT'S* is what I heard, not a type writer but I didn't know how to describe
it!!!! That's it.:-)

~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/*SUPER-DELUXE Mod- DRIVEN*394/*Modded*398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+HowellSW
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
500ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Long-Wire
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*
*21/2X2ft.FiveSpoked~Penta-Loop~PancakeLoop*
~OptimusCTR-111Cassettte Recorder~
~Radio Shack 2Speed VOX#43-476~
~Ramsey Speech Scrambler~

Old June 8th 04, 08:11 AM
CA was in NJ

Charlie wrote:

I can remember (barely) that when WIND in Chicago carried the Cubs in
middle 40's (or so) they would recreate a game whenever the Cub's game
was rained out. I believe the White Sox station would also do this on
rain outs. Both stations were very good at it. Crowd noise, hitting
something for the bat sound, etc.

Sounds a lot like what happened in an episode of the TV show "M*A*S*H" where
Frank bets on games he heard the results of the previous night on the radio.
Hawkeye creates a new game and gets Frank back.

Old June 8th 04, 11:54 PM
Jim Haynes

In article ,
J. McLaughlin wrote:

I do not remember ball games, but I sure do remember Col. McCormick
giving a talk (usually on some bit of military history?) before a

He had a regular weekly broadcast on Mutual network back about 1950.
--

jhhaynes at earthlink dot net

Old June 9th 04, 01:31 AM
Tom Morse

"Joel Rubin" wrote in message

Well, anyway, I'd like to know if the telegraphic reproduction of the
San Francisco Giants game over WAAT in Hackensack, NJ, during the 1958
season, was the last such broadcast, and, since I was about 7 years
old, then, I should like to know the details.

During the 1962 season Russ Hodges (and perhaps Lon Simmons) did recreations
of parts of the Dodgers final games that had a bearing on the pennant race
that eventually ended up in a Giants/Dodgers tie. I don't know if the
information came from the wire or an off-air monitor.

Tom

---