Old September 6th 04, 05:23 PM
Cecil Moore

Tam/WB2TT wrote:
Going back to the Slick discussions of last winter, Was that you who made
the statement that you can have 100% re reflection from a transmitter, even
if it has a 50 Ohm output impedance? At first I thought this was all wet,
but after making some low power experiments, I am convinced it is true.

It is true by definition. All reflected power incident upon a
transmitter is re-reflected, by definition. Never mind that
reflected voltage can cause an over-voltage condition and/or
reflected current can cause an over-current condition *inside*
the transmitter. By definition, any reflected power dissipated
in the source after making a round trip to the load was never
generated to begin with.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp