Old June 19th 04, 06:26 AM
starman

Rob Mills wrote:

I picked up a real clean DX160 this afternoon. It has audio at the headphone
jack but none at the speaker out. I don't have the schematics so was hoping
to find someone who has been there done that. Rob Mills

The headphone jack has a switch contact which turns off the speaker jack
on the back, when the headphone plug is inserted. This contact should
close when the headphone plug is removed so the speaker jack will work.
If it doesn't, the speaker jack switch contact in the headphone jack is
staying open when the headphone plug is removed. You'll have to remove
the bottom cover and check the speaker switch contact of the headphone
jack to see what's going on. It might help if you spray it with some
electrical contact cleaner. I'm assuming you're using the correct kind
of plug on the speaker wire.