Old June 22nd 04, 06:09 AM
Arthur Pozner

Yes, that is what I have. An updated S350 . But, despite being
plugged in at all times to to 120VAC outlet it still drifts enormously.
I keep a record of frequency displayed over an extended period (several
weeks) versus approximate ambient temperature.Tuning dial is
untouched. At one point it went down a full ... 59 KHz(!!!) from the
original setting. Again,this is
NOT a mechanical drift and is definetely NOT normal. I have a tube
based Grundig type 4570U/stereo table receiver. Though it doesn't posess
a digital frequency readout ,it dosn't seem to drift anywhere near like
a brand spanking S350 does.
BTW both of my Drakes, the R-7 and TR-7 seem to have a relatively
'innocent drift' due to humidity changes ,not temperature variations
affecting the VFO. Drake used to carry a modification kit to cure
that problem,but it was not very serious-1 to 2 Khz in the most extreme
cases. I can live with that. Nobody is perfect.