Old June 25th 04, 04:55 PM
CW

If you have room outside, don't waste your time with the broomstick. It is a
comprimise antenna and shows it.
"Michael Salmons" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I've finally purchased a fine desktop SW receiver, and I'd like to
have a nice antenna to use with it as well. I've made a number of
antennas for mediumwave, and I'd like to do the same for SW. I've read
several descriptions found online and think I've settled on Arnie
Coro's broomstick antenna or the 7m sloper just for a starter. Has
anyone tried either of these? Or would you recommend something else
for a good starter DIY antenna? My primary listening interests are
Africa and the Pacific and I live in the midwestern US.

Thanks,

Michael Salmons
salmonsm @ missouri . edu