Old July 10th 04, 09:26 AM
starman

Dwight Stewart wrote:

Look, I'm not trying to defend the BPL industry here, so don't jump on me
about it. Instead, I'm simply explaining the realities of the situation. I
limited my prior comments to ham operators because that was the discussion.
Yes, others have expressed concerns about BPL. But, again, without some very
specific problem for the FCC to hang it's hat on, it has no justification
whatsoever to stop BPL. Concerns expressed without substance simply isn't
enough if that industry can shown it has taken reasonable steps to minimize
problems where those concerns exist. When it comes specifically to the
relatively small number of ham operators, even superficial steps to minimize
problems is probably enough.

If a BPL system started operating in your area and you could no longer
use your amateur HF equipment because of the noise, would you be willing
to give it up for the sake of better Internet access for more people?