Old July 11th 04, 10:30 PM
Carl - w5su

Default Degen portables - Continuous cov'g?

I've stumbled upon adds for a couple cheap portable shortwave receivers
that are appealing 'cause they are small, capable of receiving SSB, and
have digital readout. These are Chinese imports made by Degen(?) with
one labelled "Kaito" for American importing. The Degen or Kaito Models
1102 are described as covering 3.0 - 29.999 MHz, continuously (I think).

The newer model 1103 is stated to cover 100-29999KHz, but it's unclear
as to whether the coverage is continuous. Looking at the photo, there
are columns which designate the shortwave broadcast bands, but not clear
whether there are gaps inbetween. Is anybody out there familiar with
the Degen 1103 who can tell me if it has CONTINUOUS coverage from
100-29999 KHZ?

MANY thanks!

Carl - w5su
Dallas TX