Old July 12th 04, 10:10 AM
Mark

Default JRC NRD-545 with frequency convert option?

Hi....

I'm considering the purchase of an NRD-545. I was wondering about the
CHE-199 Frequency Converter option. It adds 30 - 2000 MHz.

Has anybody used this option? Is it like a regular scanner, with squelch
etc?

The reason I ask is that I have a Sony ICF-2001D (ICF2010) which has air
band. But it's not that effective because there is no squelch. So you listen
to noise whilst there's no transmission.

So I'm wondering whether the NRD option card is the way to go for a good
scanner (as well as a decent HF receiver of course!).

I live in New Zealand and will import the unit myself. That means of course,
I can't even see a working 545 before I buy one, let alone know what the
scanner capabilities are like!

Any thoughts appreciated.

Mark.