Old July 12th 04, 01:49 PM
Al - KA5JGV

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi....
I'm considering the purchase of an NRD-545. I was wondering about the
CHE-199 Frequency Converter option. It adds 30 - 2000 MHz.
Mark.

Hello Mark,

I believe that you will get a compromise expecting the 545 to cover such a
range and be very good as both a SW receiver and a scanner. My preference
would be to purchase the 545 without the scanner option and use the
difference in money to purchase a dedicated scanner (Radio shack and others
have plenty to choose from). That way you have two units each dedicated to
its own specific functions, and therefore, theoretically, best at doing what
they are expected to do.

Al KA5JGV
San Antonio, Tx.