Old September 14th 04, 05:41 PM
Alex

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:23:18 -0500, "Crazy George"
wrote:

Who told you PVC was lossless? Stick a sample of it in a (2.4 GHz) microwave oven and see what happens. You could
simulate it with a sheet of carbon impregnated foam, but I guess 4nec2 doesn't handle that either. If you need a
radome, use foam polystyrene, commonly known as Styrofoam®.

many tnx for your answer

actually I am using styrofoam already for the indoor model. But
styrofoam is too soft and vulnerable to make weatherproof so I shall
have to put it in a case made of something more rugged.

Evidently 4nec2 does not handle the needed simulation so I shall look
around for other software or maybe make a SWR meter and some practical
experiments...

Alex