Old July 17th 04, 02:40 PM
dxAce

Tom Betz wrote:

Quoth dxAce in :

In addition to that, Rush has a 4.8 share vs. Air America's 1.7 share in
NYC.

12+ ratings are meaningless to advertisers. The demo most followed is 25-54.

From http://musicradio.computer.net/wwwboard/messages/238604.html,
normally a reliable source for such things:

Ratings for 10-3:
25-54 WABC 2.7 WLIB 2.2

Ratings for 3-7:
25-54 WABC 3.1 WLIB 2.2

So as you can see, WLIB (a 30,000 watt station with a not-so-great signal) is
doing quite respectably against the WABC 50,000 watt powerhouse in the 25-54
demo, considering that the rating is for only its second month carrying the
new format. Considering that Clear Channel, not known to tolerate money-
losing formats, just this week put Air America (basically the same schedule
they have had great success with on Portland OR's KPOJ) on its Miami WINZ, I
think we can safely say that reports of Air America's demise have been
greatly exaggerated.

Personally, I'd trust Drudge's figures before I'd trust some stats on a message
board.

dxAce