Old August 10th 04, 02:58 PM
Frank Dresser

"Hayato" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
I like to play very much with tubes, but now-a-days they are rare and
much more expensive .

Collector item and new production tubes are sometimes expensive, but most
tubes range from inexpensive to downright cheap. Most common radio tubes go
for $5 or less. Odd voltage tubes intended for series string TVs can be
found in e-bay lots for less than a dollar each. Used pulls of common tubes
usually go for a buck or less. I got a bag of over 50 6AU6s at a hamfest
for 5 bucks. Only one of the tubes was dead and some looked and tested as
new.

I think I'll use a FET transistor.

That's a good choice if don't want to bother with the more complicated power
supply a tube requires.

Thanks

Frank Dresser