Old September 17th 04, 06:33 AM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 03:53:28 GMT, "Ironhead"
wrote:

I'm sure this has been answered before. Can I mount a 2M halo on the same
mast as a 2M vertical (jpole) without any adverse affect on one another? If
so, is there a certain space that needs to be between them? Thanks for any
help.

Hi OM,

They have different polarizations, so, in effect, they reside in each
other's null. On the other hand, the JPole is intrinsically Hi-Z and
can be disturbed by changes to its counterpoise (the metal beneath
it). However, once you tune them both up, they should live as benign
neighbors.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC