Old August 18th 04, 07:44 PM
4nradio

Hans is correct-- Manus has been relaying the NBC network feed on their 3315
frequency. It's at extremely low level, though. Radio Manus was in at a good
level again this morning but after their 1201 national anthem, birdcall, and
sign-off, they continued with NBC news and music in parallel to 4890 (no
discernable delay). The NBC signal on 3315 is so very weak, however, I'd be
surprised if it is audible on the East Coast of the USA. I could barely hear
it with my Beverage antenna aimed down-the-barrel at Papua New Guinea.

Guy

"4nradio" wrote in message
Hans Johnson of Cumbre DX made a good comment that perhaps my unid. was
Manus relaying 4890 Port Moresby after their local sign-off. The odd part

is
the change from a good-to-very-good level of Manus at sign-off, to the
barely readable audio, down in the noise. I'll have to check again

tomorrow
for 3315 post-1200 and see if it's parallel 4890. The Manus carrier

dropped
immediately at 1201 after the NA... perhaps they didn't pull the plug out
*all* the way g