Old August 19th 04, 10:20 PM
Honus

"Al Arduengo"
-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me wrote
in message
-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me...
"Honus" writes:

Except for -my- posts that aren't all making it through. Over 99% do,

but
there've been a couple that just haven't shown up here even though I've
found them at google. And I've been paying attention (again, via google)

which posts from other people are missing, and they're from people whose
posts I usually -do- see.

Ah, the vagaries of Usenet.

What do you want to bet that every single piece of spam is getting

through
just fine?

Have you implemented scoring or some other filtering mechanism that
could be causing it?

Nope, not a thing. I've got a few people in the killfile, but I'm not one of
them. And of course, neither are the other people whose posts are
missing. If no one else is noticing this, I'm going have to start looking at
Verizon. I've only been with them a couple of months. I've noticed that they
don't seem to carry as many newsgroups as Earthlink did. Wish I'd known that
before I hitched up with them.