Old September 23rd 04, 02:27 AM
Fractenna

With time, it is clear that the magnitude of the claimed novelty, versus the
reality, is an unfortunate case of lack of information --this is my opinion--
based upon factual errors stated, and said, by Rob. He most certainly is not "a
jerk". Seems like a sincere and dedicated fellow who has worked very hard on a
very challenging problem. I regret that he has not made a sufficient case
regarding novelty nor efficiency nor widebandedness: again--this is my opinion.

There is little that may be gleaned, moving forward, in the realm of antenna
science: spurts in the past decade have, at least, milked the basic science
dry. There is still fertile ground for application, a rich and satisfying
endeavor upon which many here focus with rigour.

73,
Chip N1IR