Old August 31st 04, 01:56 PM
dxAce

ScanMan wrote:

Getting ready for another one here, can someone please post some current
hurricane hunter frequencies, would like to try and monitor them in the next
few days as I track this storm. My list of HF freqs are poorly outdated, I
think.

The hurricane hunters seem to be using a satellite up-link these days for
sending back actual observations. They were heard making some phone patches
though on 13927, a MARS frequency, using a TEAL## callsign, during Hurricane
Charley.

And when does the Hurricane Watch Net activate usually? Is there a distance
from landfall point or is it when actual warnings are issued or what? When
do they decide to actually transmit?

The answer to that and other questions is on their FAQ:

http://www.hwn.org/home/faqs.html

dxAce