Old August 31st 04, 01:00 PM
ScanMan

Default Hurricane Frances

Getting ready for another one here, can someone please post some current
hurricane hunter frequencies, would like to try and monitor them in the next
few days as I track this storm. My list of HF freqs are poorly outdated, I
think.

And when does the Hurricane Watch Net activate usually? Is there a distance
from landfall point or is it when actual warnings are issued or what? When
do they decide to actually transmit?

Old August 31st 04, 01:56 PM
dxAce

ScanMan wrote:

Getting ready for another one here, can someone please post some current
hurricane hunter frequencies, would like to try and monitor them in the next
few days as I track this storm. My list of HF freqs are poorly outdated, I
think.

The hurricane hunters seem to be using a satellite up-link these days for
sending back actual observations. They were heard making some phone patches
though on 13927, a MARS frequency, using a TEAL## callsign, during Hurricane
Charley.

And when does the Hurricane Watch Net activate usually? Is there a distance
from landfall point or is it when actual warnings are issued or what? When
do they decide to actually transmit?

The answer to that and other questions is on their FAQ:

http://www.hwn.org/home/faqs.html

dxAce

Old August 31st 04, 02:27 PM
Burr

Check out www.hurricanecity.com dude, good site. I had it on five hours
during Charlie.

--
Burr

Vote "RIGHT"
Vote Republican

Old August 31st 04, 02:58 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

ScanMan wrote:

Getting ready for another one here, can someone please post some current
hurricane hunter frequencies, would like to try and monitor them in the next
few days as I track this storm. My list of HF freqs are poorly outdated, I
think.

The hurricane hunters seem to be using a satellite up-link these days for
sending back actual observations. They were heard making some phone patches
though on 13927, a MARS frequency, using a TEAL## callsign, during Hurricane
Charley.

And when does the Hurricane Watch Net activate usually? Is there a distance
from landfall point or is it when actual warnings are issued or what? When
do they decide to actually transmit?

The answer to that and other questions is on their FAQ:

http://www.hwn.org/home/faqs.html

Here also is a site where you can read the reports that are sent by the hurricane
hunter aircraft:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/reconlist.shtml

dxAce

Old August 31st 04, 04:23 PM
Mr eggs

"ScanMan" wrote in message
Getting ready for another one here, can someone please post some current
hurricane hunter frequencies, would like to try and monitor them in the

next
few days as I track this storm. My list of HF freqs are poorly outdated,

think.

Don't have the freqs but this is a great
source of data----- www.hwn.org

Old August 31st 04, 11:46 PM
michael agner

The Hunters no longer use the list of freqs that has been floating
around for ages; they do patch sometimes on 13927USB and sometimes will
check in on the various MWARA nets.
You need to take a look at this list; it's quite up to date:

http://www.ominous-valve.com/hurricne.txt

If you don't have a utility to import these freqs, whoo boy you've
got some typing to do....
73s and GL...Mike