Old September 2nd 04, 03:10 PM
Al Dykes

Default Cheney's record on defense spending

In article ,
George Ashley wrote:
Cheney Disingenuous on Military Spending.

Talk about hypocrisy! The little round man is probably headed back to his
bunker to plot another war!

Vice President Cheney's record on military spending undercuts his current
attempts to tar political opponents on the issue. Cheney routinely chastised
President Reagan for failing to cut defense spending and later played up his
own efforts to trim spending on weapons, troop support, and military bases.

As former Secretary of Defense, Vice President Cheney bragged about cutting
defense spending. In February 1990, Cheney told Congress" since I became
Secretary, we've been through a fairly major process of reducing the defense
budget." Cheney stated that during his the first year of his tenure, he "cut
almost $65 billion out of the five-year defense program" and that subsequent
proposals would "take another $167 billion out."

Damm right. For more details look up specific analysis on
www.factcheck.org. Look at the titles of the documents in their
archive before your accuse Factcheck of being a Kerry mouthpiece.

--
Al Dykes