Old September 3rd 04, 12:14 AM
Mark S. Holden

Jack wrote:

53 Purple Hearts were awarded to US Soldiers in the "La' Belle" Disco
Bombing in Berlin Germany in April 1986.

None were hit with peices of the actual bomb....Most were injured from
broken glass.....from Beer Steins and Pils glasses.

Heres the facts folks...I knew a lot of these guys.....So tell me should
they have the PH for these wounds?

I presume the glass wouldn't have been broken and flying if an enemy
hadn't bombed the facility they were in.

If this is the case, yes, they deserved them.

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/...edalstat-1.htm

By the way? Ronald Reagan and then VP George Bush sr demanded the Purple
hearts to be awarded!

Sounds like a good decision.

snip