Old September 16th 04, 05:44 AM
Tony Meloche

Honus wrote:

I'm trying to ID a station that I heard on 6010 @ 0350 UTC. They ID'd as
Radio Sweden, and I found their website he

http://www.sr.se/rs/english/index.htm

Clicking on "Shortwave schedule" eventually leads me to what I want to know,
which is that R. Sweden indeed broadcasts on 6010, but in small red letters
underneath the frequency it says "RCI relay". I figured out that must mean
Radio Canada International, but a peek at their current schedule (pdf) at

http://www.rcinet.ca/horaires/A04_SW_24h_Fall.pdf

doesn't show any transmissions at 6010, and nothing is mentioned of Radio
Sweden. Is my interpretation of RCI correct? I'm making a mistake
somewhere; what is it?

RCI has a transmission tower and facility at Sackville, N.B. Many
foreign broadcasters contract for relay of their North American
broadcasts to this site.
It wasn't RCI relaying the broadcast so much as it was RCI's *tower* and
facilites that were. You were hearing Radio Sweden - programming that
originated in Sweden, top to bottom - but it was relayed to you from
Sackville, N.B.

Tony