Old September 16th 04, 04:21 AM
Honus

Default A definition question

I'm trying to ID a station that I heard on 6010 @ 0350 UTC. They ID'd as
Radio Sweden, and I found their website he

http://www.sr.se/rs/english/index.htm

Clicking on "Shortwave schedule" eventually leads me to what I want to know,
which is that R. Sweden indeed broadcasts on 6010, but in small red letters
underneath the frequency it says "RCI relay". I figured out that must mean
Radio Canada International, but a peek at their current schedule (pdf) at

http://www.rcinet.ca/horaires/A04_SW_24h_Fall.pdf

doesn't show any transmissions at 6010, and nothing is mentioned of Radio
Sweden. Is my interpretation of RCI correct? I'm making a mistake
somewhere; what is it?

Old September 16th 04, 05:36 AM
Telamon

In article gF72d.7354$xH1.3910@trnddc03,
"Honus" wrote:

I'm trying to ID a station that I heard on 6010 @ 0350 UTC. They ID'd as
Radio Sweden, and I found their website he

http://www.sr.se/rs/english/index.htm

Clicking on "Shortwave schedule" eventually leads me to what I want to know,
which is that R. Sweden indeed broadcasts on 6010, but in small red letters
underneath the frequency it says "RCI relay". I figured out that must mean
Radio Canada International, but a peek at their current schedule (pdf) at

http://www.rcinet.ca/horaires/A04_SW_24h_Fall.pdf

doesn't show any transmissions at 6010, and nothing is mentioned of Radio
Sweden. Is my interpretation of RCI correct? I'm making a mistake
somewhere; what is it?

From EIBI http://www.eibi.de.vu/

kHz Time(UTC) Days ITU Station Lang. Target Remarks
6010 0100-0130 S Radio Sweden SWE NAm /CAN
6010 0130-0200 S Radio Sweden E NAm /CAN
6010 0200-0230 S Radio Sweden SWE NAm /CAN
6010 0230-0300 S Radio Sweden E NAm /CAN

I think the "/CAN" means it is broadcast from Canada.

CAN: Sackville 45N53-64W19

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 16th 04, 05:44 AM
Tony Meloche

Honus wrote:

I'm trying to ID a station that I heard on 6010 @ 0350 UTC. They ID'd as
Radio Sweden, and I found their website he

http://www.sr.se/rs/english/index.htm

Clicking on "Shortwave schedule" eventually leads me to what I want to know,
which is that R. Sweden indeed broadcasts on 6010, but in small red letters
underneath the frequency it says "RCI relay". I figured out that must mean
Radio Canada International, but a peek at their current schedule (pdf) at

http://www.rcinet.ca/horaires/A04_SW_24h_Fall.pdf

doesn't show any transmissions at 6010, and nothing is mentioned of Radio
Sweden. Is my interpretation of RCI correct? I'm making a mistake
somewhere; what is it?

RCI has a transmission tower and facility at Sackville, N.B. Many
foreign broadcasters contract for relay of their North American
broadcasts to this site.
It wasn't RCI relaying the broadcast so much as it was RCI's *tower* and
facilites that were. You were hearing Radio Sweden - programming that
originated in Sweden, top to bottom - but it was relayed to you from
Sackville, N.B.

Tony

Interesting question JAMES HAMPTON CB 3 December 7th 04 09:34 AM
RF amps: tuned load in Class A? Don Pearce Homebrew 141 September 15th 03 05:02 AM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM