Old September 16th 04, 10:25 PM
T. Early

"Bunia3" wrote in message
recently sold a sony SW portable via EBAY. The radio was shipped in

good
condition. Immediastely on receipt by buyer- i received email

stating I had
"lied" ie--the radio was DOA/and had evidence the hold in cabinet

screws had
been losened and marred. He thyen called me and left an answering

machine
message threatening" action" to wreck my ebay account!--the--he

posted negative
feedback....all this done without even trying to negotiate with me

(I offered
tips to ensure he had installed batteries properly etc--he replied

stating he
was a "ham operator"-and-"dont insult my intelligence".

Sent him more emails offering to send him another identical radio or

refund his
$$$.

what would you do--buyer wanst refund and ill be left with a broken

radio in
return.

i suspect buyer broke radio-or-it suffered shipment damage (buyer

denied both,
of course).

Do you suspect this or know it? You should -know- what condition the
radio was in when you shipped it-was it dead or not? If the buyer
says that it is not in that condition, then one of your above
alternatives -must- be true. It strikes me that screws do not come
loose during shipping if that is in fact what happened. In other
words, the first relevant issue is--was it OK when you sent it? If
shipping damage is an issue, have him substantiate it. If the claimed
defect was not present on ship, it may well be a scam and I wouldn't
waste much time with the buyer. If there was no problem on your end,
it seems generous of you to offer a refund or new radio.

I note buyer hasd only 1 ebay transaction on his "feedback" column

(positive as
a seller) (I have 60 + since 1/04).

this has the feel of a scam to me--buy stuff, claim it's broken asnd

force the
seller to refund the money??

need suggestions as to further actions.

thanx!!!!