Old September 16th 04, 10:05 PM
Bunia3

Default EBAY SELLERS BEWARE

recently sold a sony SW portable via EBAY. The radio was shipped in good
condition. Immediastely on receipt by buyer- i received email stating I had
"lied" ie--the radio was DOA/and had evidence the hold in cabinet screws had
been losened and marred. He thyen called me and left an answering machine
message threatening" action" to wreck my ebay account!--the--he posted negative
feedback....all this done without even trying to negotiate with me (I offered
tips to ensure he had installed batteries properly etc--he replied stating he
was a "ham operator"-and-"dont insult my intelligence".

Sent him more emails offering to send him another identical radio or refund his
$$$.

what would you do--buyer wanst refund and ill be left with a broken radio in
return.

i suspect buyer broke radio-or-it suffered shipment damage (buyer denied both,
of course).

I note buyer hasd only 1 ebay transaction on his "feedback" column (positive as
a seller) (I have 60 + since 1/04).

this has the feel of a scam to me--buy stuff, claim it's broken asnd force the
seller to refund the money??

need suggestions as to further actions.

thanx!!!!
Old September 16th 04, 10:25 PM
T. Early

"Bunia3" wrote in message
[...]

Do you suspect this or know it? You should -know- what condition the
radio was in when you shipped it-was it dead or not? If the buyer
says that it is not in that condition, then one of your above
alternatives -must- be true. It strikes me that screws do not come
loose during shipping if that is in fact what happened. In other
words, the first relevant issue is--was it OK when you sent it? If
shipping damage is an issue, have him substantiate it. If the claimed
defect was not present on ship, it may well be a scam and I wouldn't
waste much time with the buyer. If there was no problem on your end,
it seems generous of you to offer a refund or new radio.

Old September 16th 04, 10:54 PM
lsmyer

As an eBayer myself, I also ran into a couple of problems. But eBay helped
me take care of them, and both problems were resolved totally to my
satisfaction.

Here's what to do:

First, make sure you save all emails between you and the buyer. Then, use
the following URL to contact eBay to let them know about your problem:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/index.html

You will be expected to provide full copies (including headers) of all your
correspondence with the buyer. They will contact you very soon and work out
something in a day or two.

Don't give up! EBay wouldn't stay in business long if they weren't any good
at fraud elimination. You will win this. Just be diligent and patient.

Old September 17th 04, 01:44 AM
ROBMURR

Give him a negative feedback, report him to ebay, block him
from bidding on any future items, then forget him. You have
been paid and shipped a working radio.
Sounds like he is a scammer.

Old September 17th 04, 03:51 AM
John Smith

This isn't anything new to ebay. You already have a neg, so consider this a
done deal. Let ebay know regarding the threats and your offer to help.
Include any emails from this person and the headers. That's about it as they
won't do much else for you.

When you cool off return the neg for this guy. I'd suggest though that you
carefully word the response and check the spelling. Your post is poorly
written and difficult to read, I hope the neg you post is easier to
comprehend.

It's possible you might be the victim of someone trying to switch the guts
out of their old radio that doesn't work, and sending it back to you. Very
common scam on ebay.

Go get'em

Old September 18th 04, 02:31 PM
Tempest

I've ebayed for some years now.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, you get a nutcase that falls out of
the cracks. He may have a particular beef against you that only he
understands.. who know? and who cares?

If you have great feedback, then not even this guy with his single
negative feedback can phase you. It takes a long pattern of negatives
to really ruin a feedback rating.

Just stop talking to the guy in emails, take your single negative
feedback in stride, give him one, and then move on. You don't want to
carry on with the guy because he might then go through the trouble of
settin-up another Ebay account on another host and mess with you some
more.