Old September 17th 04, 03:51 AM
John Smith

This isn't anything new to ebay. You already have a neg, so consider this a
done deal. Let ebay know regarding the threats and your offer to help.
Include any emails from this person and the headers. That's about it as they
won't do much else for you.

When you cool off return the neg for this guy. I'd suggest though that you
carefully word the response and check the spelling. Your post is poorly
written and difficult to read, I hope the neg you post is easier to
comprehend.

It's possible you might be the victim of someone trying to switch the guts
out of their old radio that doesn't work, and sending it back to you. Very
common scam on ebay.

Go get'em

"Bunia3" wrote in message
recently sold a sony SW portable via EBAY. The radio was shipped in good
condition. Immediastely on receipt by buyer- i received email stating I
had
"lied" ie--the radio was DOA/and had evidence the hold in cabinet screws
had
been losened and marred. He thyen called me and left an answering machine
message threatening" action" to wreck my ebay account!--the--he posted
negative
feedback....all this done without even trying to negotiate with me (I
offered
tips to ensure he had installed batteries properly etc--he replied stating
he
was a "ham operator"-and-"dont insult my intelligence".

Sent him more emails offering to send him another identical radio or
refund his
$$$.

what would you do--buyer wanst refund and ill be left with a broken radio
in
return.

i suspect buyer broke radio-or-it suffered shipment damage (buyer denied
both,
of course).

I note buyer hasd only 1 ebay transaction on his "feedback" column
(positive as
a seller) (I have 60 + since 1/04).

this has the feel of a scam to me--buy stuff, claim it's broken asnd force
the
seller to refund the money??

need suggestions as to further actions.

thanx!!!!